Re: Optical Link Interface

Loa Andersson <loa.andersson@utfors.se> Thu, 26 July 2001 20:59 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:59:57 +0200
From: Loa Andersson <loa.andersson@utfors.se>
To: Martin Dubuc <martin.dubuc@edgeflow.com>
CC: Andre Fredette <fredette@photonex.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Optical Link Interface

All,

second (or maybe third) in motion. I think Andre's proposal has a
very solid foundation. As I understand it even the people proposing
NTIP,
do so based on the argument that two protocols are better than one.
Somestimes even quoting "(I)SP's" wanting this.

Speaking as an operator I can't find any reason to complicate our
network
with two protocols (even though marginally different) that give me the
same thing. For the very same reason that we won't deploy CR-LDP, we
won't deploy a second optical link interface protocol. The only chance
that we will deploy NTIP is that it will be the one and only pick by
CCAMP, and I can't see that happen.

Let's go for LMP-WDM and let's stop the standardization process for
alternatives.

/Loa

--
Loa Andersson