MIBs for GMPLS

"Adrian Farrel" <afarrel@movaz.com> Wed, 12 December 2001 17:17 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <afarrel@movaz.com>
To: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Cc: Tim Hall <TimHall@dataconnection.com>, "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>, Edward Harrison <eph@dataconnection.com>, Adrian Farrel <afarrel@movaz.com>, Cheenu Srinivasan <cheenu@paramanet.com>
Subject: MIBs for GMPLS
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:17:43 -0500

At the CCAMP meeting in SLC Tom introduced the set of MIBs for GMPLS that we have produced.

Kireeti asked that we take the MIBs to the list to ensure that the big issues have been addressed, that everyone is comfortable with the approach and there really is a need for the MIBs.

Requirements are handled by...

- protocols within the IETF need MIBs, further
  draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-01.txt
  explicitly requires MIBs for GMPLS

The biggest issue outstanding was whether the Labels MIB should be included within the LSR MIB.  The authors currently feel that it should remain as a separate MIB

- to allow people to implement only the TE MIB
  without putting complex conformance statements
  in the LSR MIB
- to allow people to clearly not implement the
  Labels MIB at all.
We would welcome input on this.

Please take this opportunity to give us your input and help shape the MIBs.

We hope to respin the drafts in a compilable form in the next few days.

The MIBs are...

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadeau-ccamp-gmpls-tc-mib-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadeau-ccamp-gmpls-label-mib-00.txt
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadeau-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib-00.txt