Re: MIBs for GMPLS

Joan Cucchiara <jcucchia@CrescentNetworks.com> Fri, 14 December 2001 15:01 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:01:55 -0500
From: Joan Cucchiara <jcucchia@CrescentNetworks.com>
To: Adrian Farrel <afarrel@movaz.com>
CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, Tim Hall <TimHall@dataconnection.com>, "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tnadeau@cisco.com>, Edward Harrison <eph@dataconnection.com>, Cheenu Srinivasan <cheenu@paramanet.com>
Subject: Re: MIBs for GMPLS

Hi Adrian,

Why is there so much overlap between these
MIBs and the MIBs in MPLS?

It seems that the MPLS MIBs could be extended
for GMPLS specific info and thus avoid so much
overlap.  Could you shed some light on this?

Also the Labels MIB is glumping everything into
a single table.  Was the use of separate tables (similar
to what LDP did for ATM and FR specific objects)
considered?

  Thanks, Joan