Re: Polling for new WG I-Ds

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be Wed, 16 August 2006 22:38 UTC

To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Polling for new WG I-Ds
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:32:35 +0200
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

adrian - see in-line

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-04.txt

> has been updated by the authors to provide further details and
> clarification.

- ok -

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-02.txt

- guess it is v03.txt ? -

> has been updated since the version discussed in Montreal.

i am ok in investigating the MP->CP but i have two concerns that imho
should deserve more specific attention to maintain consistency wrt to
CP->MP

section 2.2: if control is lost for an LSP (during CP failure) how can it
be possible transfer that LSP from the CP -> MP ?

section 4.4: why the document assumes that both MUST be supported ? in
part. concerning the CP->MP if one does implement current GMPLS signaling
restart/recovery why shall this be mandated ? in brief, the document shall
take into account existing mechanisms and prevent overlaps (with existing
GMPLS mechanisms)

hence, it is strongly suggested to identify conditions when such CP->MP is
required (and not an alternative to existing CP mechanisms) b/f
progressing that part

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ali-ccamp-mpls-graceful-shutdown-04.txt

> has been updated as Zafar says in his previous email.

informational imho - in its current version

- not sure to understand why the PathErr/Notify can be processed by the
head-end only (what about segment recovery and stitching case) - why only
MBB is possible upon reception (pls use E2E recovery/Segment recovery
capabilities as you address GMPLS networks)

- compared to path-reopt, error description is identical for the TE link
case which leads to the following point - if errors code/value are the
same how to distinguish them (assuming that the query procedure described
in path-reopt is used during the setup of that LSP) ? - comment is more
for the path-reopt draft than yours but since there is an overlap ... it
must be addressed in a way or another (note that when fully head-end
driven operations look similar but there is a major difference role of
timing and severity of the error code/value)

- in case shutdown of a protected component link (of a bundle) is
initiated why can't link protection be used ?