Re: Polling for new WG I-Ds

Igor Bryskin <i_bryskin@yahoo.com> Mon, 21 August 2006 13:49 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:38:52 -0700
From: Igor Bryskin <i_bryskin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Polling for new WG I-Ds
To: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

  Hi,

  Yes to all three.

  Igor

  ----- Original Message -----
To: "Adrian Farrel"
Cc: ;
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:32 AM

> adrian - see in-line
>
> Adrian Farrel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As discussed in Montreal, we need to poll for a couple of new WG drafts.
> >

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-04.txt
>
> > has been updated by the authors to provide further details and
> > clarification.
>
> - ok -
>

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-and-sc-reqs-02.txt
>
> - guess it is v03.txt ? -
>
> > has been updated since the version discussed in Montreal.
>
> i am ok in investigating the MP->CP but i have two concerns that imho
> should deserve more specific attention to maintain consistency wrt to
> CP->MP
>
> section 2.2: if control is lost for an LSP (during CP failure) how can it
> be possible transfer that LSP from the CP -> MP ?

[dan] Yes, there is a problem if we still want to use the control plane to do the
CP->MP transfer. Unless the transfer is based on the predetermined policy, MP
takes the control of the LSP resource directly (no signaling required), but this way
should not be discussed in CCAMP.

> section 4.4: why the document assumes that both MUST be supported ? in
> part. concerning the CP->MP if one does implement current GMPLS signaling
> restart/recovery why shall this be mandated ? in brief, the document shall
> take into account existing mechanisms and prevent overlaps (with existing
> GMPLS mechanisms)

[dan] I think the CP->MP should not be the mandatory requirement.

> hence, it is strongly suggested to identify conditions when such CP->MP is
> required (and not an alternative to existing CP mechanisms) b/f
> progressing that part

[dan] In order to make the carriers' life easy, when we provide the MP->CP
conversion feature, the reverse procedure (CP->MP) may also is needed just
simply in case the carriers want to withdraw their previous decision, and
they also feel more comfortable with this "undo" function; In order to achieve
this, we should have the working control plane.