Re: [CCAMP] comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-08

"BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <db3546@att.com> Wed, 14 May 2014 02:34 UTC

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A" <db3546@att.com>
To: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <rgandhi@cisco.com>, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 02:34:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.70.27.7]
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-08

Hi Rakesh,

A couple of additional comments:
- you swapped [Extended] to (Extended) in Section 3 (and later in the document), whereas in Section 4, you removed the brackets. As Lou said previously, this is not needed and it is confusing as it's not aligned with RFC6780.
- Section 3 on provisioning and signaling procedures needs 2219 language.
- you changed the text in the introduction, and now have MPLS-TP requirement 14 twice listed. The previous version was better organized. It seems the rationale for repeating requirement 14 was to add a new paragraph describing Internet services applications. As this document is on meeting the referenced MPLS-TP requirements, this is out-of-context. Suggest going back to the previous version's introduction.
- As Lou previously suggested, for the compatibility, you noted compatibility aspects for intermediate nodes, it would be also helpful to add RFC's 6780 processing rules for egress nodes not supporting the Extended Association C-Type.

Thanks,
Deborah