RE: [Softwires] BGP TE attr last call by softwires WG (2nd question)

"Drake, John E" <John.E.Drake2@boeing.com> Wed, 03 September 2008 14:13 UTC

Subject: RE: [Softwires] BGP TE attr last call by softwires WG (2nd question)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:01:29 -0700
From: "Drake, John E" <John.E.Drake2@boeing.com>
To: Igor Bryskin <i_bryskin@yahoo.com>, Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Cc: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, softwires@ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Igor,

I'm sorry, but you were the one that stipulated P routers.  I mentioned
the more general requirement in my last e-mail:  "every PE router needs
to have connectivity to two other routers in the IGP instance".

The points being that:

1) The configuration burden is twice what you claimed it to be.

2)  Every PE router in the IGP instance has L1VPN routes that it doesn't
care about.

3)  The number of L1VPN routes that a given PE router doesn't care about
is probably greater than the number of L1VPN routes it does care about.

Thanks,

John