Re: [CCAMP] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-16

Italo Busi <Italo.Busi@huawei.com> Wed, 14 February 2024 13:52 UTC

From: Italo Busi <Italo.Busi@huawei.com>
To: Christian Huitema <huitema@huitema.net>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
CC: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types.all@ietf.org>, "last-call@ietf.org" <last-call@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:52:42 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.203.246.111]
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-16

Dear Christian,

Thank you for the review, the authors have updated the document to address your comments and posted the updated document as draft-ietf-ccamp-layer1-types-17.

Your suggestions for improvements of the Security Considerations section are understood and we are grateful. We have added some additional clarification text and plan to discuss the more general optical security best practice guide that would also apply to this document, and several other CCAMP WG documents currently being worked on. This advice could be documented in a new I-D, or on a CCAMP Wiki. If ok, we may follow-up with you on this specific guidance.

Again, thanks for the support and review.

Authors, Haomian and Italo.