[Cfrg] Recent SM2 and SM3 drafts update

Sean Shen 沈烁 <shenshuo@cnnic.cn> Wed, 19 February 2014 01:00 UTC

From: Sean Shen 沈烁 <shenshuo@cnnic.cn>
To: cfrg@irtf.org
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:00:13 +0800
Subject: [Cfrg] Recent SM2 and SM3 drafts update

Dear cryptographers in CFRG,

I have been working on writing a few cryptographic algorithms documents: SM2
elliptic curve digital signature algorithm and SM3 hash function. The two
algorithms are published in China for years and required to be used in IT
systems like electronic authentication service system.

It was my pleasure to provide the IETF documents to make these algorithms
public to IETF community and hence the whole Internet industry. The two
documents have been in published for quite a while and I updated a few
versions. I also have given presentations in IETF meetings a few times to
security guys in CFRG. Audience has been very interested in them.

I think these works are valuable to both IETF community and vendors in
Chinese market. So I hope the two documents on the track to be IETF RFCs.

Also I prepared a simple webpage to give information (related documents and
implementations) of a few crypto algorithms used in China, including SM2 and
SM3. I will keep updating the draft and webpage , hope they are helpful to
the community. Please check:

http://218.241.108.63/wiki/en/index.php/Main_Page

I will appreciate and reviews and suggestions.

Sean Shen

CNNIC

A new version of I-D, draft-shen-sm2-ecdsa-02.txt has been successfully
submitted by Sean Shen and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:               draft-shen-sm2-ecdsa

Revision:  02

Title:                  SM2 Digital Signature Algorithm

Document date:       2014-02-14

Group:               Individual Submission

Pages:               40

txt

Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sm2-ecdsa-02

Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-sm2-ecdsa-02

Abstract:

   This document discribles a set of public key cryptographic algorithms

   based on elliptic curves which is invented by Xiaoyun Wang et al.

   These algorithms and recommended parameters are published by Chinese

   Commercial Cryptography Administration Office ([SM2 Algorithms] and

   [SM2 Algorithms Parameters]) for the use of electronic authentication

   service system.  This document gives IETF standard description of the

   algorithms and parameters in [SM2 Algorithms] and [SM2 Algorithms

   Parameters].

   The document [SM2 Algorithms] published by Chinese Commercial

   Cryptography Administration Office includes four parts: general

   introdocution, Digital Signature Algorithm, Key Exchange Protocol and

   Public Key Encryption Algorithm.

   The document [SM2 Algorithms Parameters] gives a set of recommended

   parameters.

A new version of I-D, draft-shen-sm3-hash-01.txt has been successfully
submitted by Sean Shen and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:               draft-shen-sm3-hash

Revision:  01

Title:                  SM3 Hash function

Document date:       2014-02-14

Group:               Individual Submission

Pages:               13

Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sm3-hash-01

Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-sm3-hash-01

Abstract:

   This document discribles a hash function which is invented by Xiaoyun

   Wang et al.  This algorithm is published by Chinese Commercial

   Cryptography Administration Office ([SM3]) for the use of electronic