Re: [clue] comment on conclusion 7 of the interim meeting report

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu> Tue, 09 October 2012 18:31 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:26:16 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
To: Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>
Cc: clue@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [clue] comment on conclusion 7 of the interim meeting report

On 10/9/12 12:49 PM, Roni Even wrote:
> Paul,
> I think that the change I proposed is in-line with conclusion 9, where the
> media started based on the first offer answer and the advertisement may be
> done later.
>   This is also the call flow in
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romanow-clue-call-flow-02 .

I think there is a difference (at least there could be) between the
defaults that apply before the first exchange of advertisements, and
what happens later.

We discussed the possibility that there could be a well defined
"default" advertisement that is assumed until an actual advertisement is
received. (Though I don't think we reached any conclusion.)

What we didn't discuss what what that default might be, or whether it
would be "fixed" or "derived" from the SDP.

We *did* discuss the possibility that if there was an explicit way to
say you wanted the default advertisement then you might be able to
revert to the default advertisement at a later point in the session, and
that that could be useful.

Perhaps you are suggesting that the "empty" advertisement means the same
as the "default" advertisement - to do whatever is implied by the SDP.
That is *possible*, but it doesn't seem like the obvious choice to me.

	Thanks,
	Paul