Re: [clue] CLUE Data Channel: SDP Offer/Answer Proceudres

Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com> Mon, 17 February 2014 00:56 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:56:09 +1100
From: Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com>
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, "clue@ietf.org" <clue@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [clue] CLUE Data Channel: SDP Offer/Answer Proceudres

Hello Christer,

I think that for the signaling we must specify a way of negotiating at
the SDP level whether CLUE is supported. I agree there's lots of ways it
could be done but we need to indicate which one/s CLUE should use.

So for the SDP O/A procedures and example I think you have to assume the
use of draft-ejzak-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg otherwise you can't say
its a CLUE data channel according to the SDP given. You're just opening
a generic channel, which may or may not be clue. Particularly in the
Answerer's case, it doesn't know that the Offer is going to use the
channel for CLUE.

However:
m=application 54111 SCTP/DTLS 54111
a=sctpmap:54111 webrtc-datachannel max-message-size=100000 streams=1
a=dcmap:54111 stream=2;label="CLUE 1"; subprotocol="CLUE"; max_retr=3

would unambiguously define it as a CLUE data channel.

Regards, Christian