Re: [codec] WGLC of draft-ietf-codec-requirements-03

Erik Norvell <erik.norvell@ericsson.com> Thu, 19 May 2011 09:20 UTC

From: Erik Norvell <erik.norvell@ericsson.com>
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, "codec@ietf.org" <codec@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:20:37 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Jonathan Rosenberg <jonathan.rosenberg@skype.net>
Subject: Re: [codec] WGLC of draft-ietf-codec-requirements-03

Hi Cullen,

Thank you for addressing our concerns.

When it comes to the complexity I am fine if the measurement method is not covered in this document, as long as the method is excplained somewhere and that ambiguities are resolved. For instance, if the complexity is defined as percentage load of a CPU, how it that computed for a multi-core CPU? Is it percentage per core? Are we measuring peak or average load? Will we specify a platform for this measurement? Since there are many operating modes, which mode should be used for measurements and will we include frame errors?

Best,
Erik