[codec] Opus codec on Analog Devices SHARC DSPs - patch needed

neerlent@gmail.com Sat, 19 November 2011 22:12 UTC

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:12:10 -0800
From: neerlent@gmail.com
To: codec@ietf.org
Subject: [codec] Opus codec on Analog Devices SHARC DSPs - patch needed

Hello,

I am currently considering the use of the Opus codec for an audio streaming
application that would run on an Analog Devices SHARC DSP.  Since it is a
32-bit floating-point DSP, I assumed it would be relatively easy to get the
Opus floating-point code building for the SHARC.  I am only interested in
the CELT mode of operation, so I created a project that included
opus_custom_demo.c and all necessary files for the demo to build.

I found one issue that prevents the CELT code from building for the SHARC
DSP.  The file bands.c contains a variable named "bank", which is used in
several places in the file.  The SHARC C compiler treats "bank" as a
reserved keyword for specifying what memory block a piece of data should go
in.

I've attached a patch that renames variables named "bank" to "band" in both
bands.c and bands.h.  Let me know if you will consider making this change.

Thanks,

Matt Kotvis