Re: [dane] Request DANE ALPS discussion time at IETF 95

"Olafur Gudmundsson" <ogud@ogud.com> Tue, 08 March 2016 11:30 UTC

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 06:30:02 -0500
From: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
To: Sean Leonard <dev+ietf@seantek.com>
Cc: dane@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dane] Request DANE ALPS discussion time at IETF 95

Sean,
<chair-hat>
Thank you for your submission of this draft.
The chairs have reviewed this, and we think it is an interesting contribution to the IETF email normalization discussion.
BUT while this may help OPENPGP and SMIMA limit the "search" for their record lookups, it is not strictly needed.
In your draft there is nothing that is strictly security related, thus it does not fit within our charter, additionally it is outside the expertise of most of its participants.
We strongly recommend that you take this work to the APPSAREA where there are more of "The Mail Gods" for discussing this issue.
We will not be using this document as justification to meet. If we *do* meet, and there happens to be free time, we may be able to give you some time to discuss it, but simply an an "FYI", not something which DANE might adopt / really discuss
Olafur & Warren