Re: [Detnet] WG adoption poll draft-geng-detnet-conf-yang

"Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com> Fri, 21 September 2018 02:18 UTC

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com>
To: Rodney Cummings <rodney.cummings@ni.com>, Janos Farkas <Janos.Farkas@ericsson.com>, "detnet@ietf.org" <detnet@ietf.org>
CC: "detnet-chairs@ietf.org" <detnet-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 02:18:08 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.130.169.123]
Subject: Re: [Detnet] WG adoption poll draft-geng-detnet-conf-yang

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for reviewing the document and giving comments.
The current DetNet YANG is based on the what has been done in DetNet WG, and the attributes defined there can be found in WG charter/DetNet architecture/ DetNet information model.
At the same time, we keep an eye about what is happening in IEEE, and try to make a careful work division with IEEE when we define the YANG model:
1. The 'ietf-detnet-flow' is for DetNet service establishment in the DetNet domain, corresponding to the configuration of MPLS/IP data plane solution.
2. The 'ietf-detnet-topolgy' is the augmentation of 'ietf-te-topolgy', and all the attributes that have been defined in TE topology can be reused.
Obviously, we cannot use IEEE 802.1 YANG to configure an IP/MPLS network. All these work is the extension of current IETF YANG work. The functions or algorithms you have mentioned, including "PREOF" or "credit-based-shaper", are shared features with both DetNet and TSN, and we are not intended to redefine them, and just to offer a tool about how to use them in an IP/MPLS network;.

I agree that ietf-detnet-topology does not belong to the southbound interface (it was also mentioned in the presentation of IETF 102 ), and we ask for WG comments about whether to put it in a separated draft. I think the current answer is to maintain them in the same one.

It is good to hear your comments, and we would like to corporate with IEEE 802.1 YANG guys to make TSN/DetNet coordinate with each other. More communications are always helpful.

Best Regards

Xuesong