RE: [dhcwg] RE: [Mip6] [Updated] DHCP Option for Home Information Discovery inMIPv6

"Alper Yegin" <alper.yegin@yegin.org> Wed, 21 June 2006 21:48 UTC

From: Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
To: 'Gerardo Giaretta' <gerardo.giaretta@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] RE: [Mip6] [Updated] DHCP Option for Home Information Discovery inMIPv6
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:48:10 -0700
Cc: mip6@ietf.org, 'Vijay Devarapalli' <vijay.devarapalli@azairenet.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org, 'Heejin Jang' <heejin.jang@samsung.com>

Gerardo,

I think it helps to understand the components of the full picture.

[a] Delivery of the info from home AAA to the NAS
[b] Delivery of the info from the NAS (DHCP relay) to the DHCP server.
[c] Delivery of the info from the DHCP server to the DHCP client
[d] Plumbing of all these components

[a], [b], and [c] are all protocol work. [d] is just informational.

The document draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-dhc-01.txt covers [b]
and [d].

WiMAX does not use [b]. For that there is no need to have a normative
reference to draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-dhc-01.txt. It could
have an informative reference to it, but it does not have to.

Alper