RE: [dhcwg] Comments on draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-03

"Bernie Volz" <volz@cisco.com> Wed, 11 August 2004 22:25 UTC

From: Bernie Volz <volz@cisco.com>
To: "'David W. Hankins'" <David_Hankins@isc.org>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Comments on draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-03
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:58:04 -0400
Cc: rbhibbs@pacbell.net
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

I believe this really is more appropriate in
draft-ietf-dhc-implementation-*.txt, though the (01) draft appears to have
expired. In particular, in section 2.4/2.5:

          2.4. The Client Hardware Address, "chaddr"......................7
          2.5. The DHCP Client Identifier.................................7
            2.5.2. Prohibition in DHCPOFFER and DHCPACK..................8

This really has little to do with defining a DHCPv6 DUID for DHCPv4 clients.

Best regards,

Bernie Volz