Re: [dhcwg] draft-pruss-dhcp-auth-dsl-00.txt

Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com> Sun, 04 March 2007 23:58 UTC

Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:56:37 -0500
To: Richard Pruss <ric@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] draft-pruss-dhcp-auth-dsl-00.txt
From: Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com>
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org, Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com>

Before authentication, it is possible for the NAS to assign a
temporary IP address (for which IP forwarding is restricted) to the
subscriber device using DHCP.  Once PANA authentication succeeds, the
NAS has obtained subscriber-specific client configuration information
and other authorization parameters from the AAA infrastructure.  After
that, DHCP reconfiguration can be made using the subscriber-specific
client configuration information to allow the subscriber device to
change its IP address from the temporary one to the fully authorized
one.  Please refer to draft-morand-pana-panaoverdsl for more
information.

Yoshihiro Ohba