RE: [dhcwg] Re: Several reminders

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Mon, 27 August 2001 22:13 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: 'Stuart Cheshire' <cheshire@apple.com>, Ted Lemon <mellon@nominum.com>, DHCP discussion list <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Re: Several reminders
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:07:57 -0500
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Stuart, I think Ted misunderstood what you requested ... I did too until I
looked at your examples.

Just to be clear, Ted he wasn't asking you to describe what the document said.
He was just saying that you should put in full sentences.

Look at the examples Stuart gave of the changes. I do think they are good changes
because, as Stuart pointed out, you do not need to look up the reference to
understand the sentence. The different is sutble but significant. A very
simple example is rather than to use " ... the Transmission Control Protocol [RFC 793]"
instead of " ... [5]" where [5] is a reference to RFC 793.

I think this change is minor enough that it should be allowable during the final
editing process (perhaps the RFC-Editor would do it anyway)?

- Bernie