Re: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-05.txt

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Mon, 07 July 2014 09:55 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <volz@cisco.com>, "dhcwg@ietf.org" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:55:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.145]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-05.txt

Hi, Bernie,

Thanks so much for your careful review. We will apply your comments in the next update, probably before DHC session in Toronto. Some replies regarding to point 5 below.

>5. Have you confirmed that the I-D.ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6 can indeed be used for
>this set of requests? (That actually points out an interesting issue in that the
>sedhcpv6 document mentions nothing Solicit w/Rapid Commit and whether it
>can or can't be used. And, there's text in section 6.1 of that document that
>says " If the sender is a DHCPv6 client, in the failure cases, it receives a Reply
>message with an error status code." ... what about a Solicit (w/o Rapid
>Commit) and an Advertise reply.)

As author of seDHCPv6, I don't see any reason, it cannot be used for this request. We do not mention any specific types of messages in sedhcpv6, since we think all types of messages can use the secure model.

Best regards,

Sheng