RE: [dhcwg] Attempt at text for draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-02

"Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com> Wed, 25 August 2004 17:46 UTC

From: "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
To: 'Stig Venaas' <Stig.Venaas@uninett.no>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Attempt at text for draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-02
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:05:12 -0400
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

>Do you think it's ok that client might update information if a server
becomes unreachable?

If the application server is down for network connectivity issues, and if
the DHCPv6 server could only point to this application server which is down,
and if there are now several hundred/thousand clients that want to reach the
application server and cannot... Do you really want these several
hundred/thousand clients to query the DHCPv6 server at once, to get no
useful information???

-- rich