RE: [Diffserv] DHCP user class

"Yoram Bernet" <yoramb@Exchange.Microsoft.com> Mon, 10 July 2000 18:36 UTC

Subject: RE: [Diffserv] DHCP user class
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:27:31 -0700
From: Yoram Bernet <yoramb@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
To: Grenville Armitage <gja@dnrc.bell-labs.com>, Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>
Cc: Diff Serv <diffserv@ietf.org>, iesg@ietf.org
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

I think I concur...

I think that it is important that the draft document the limitations of
the DHCP approach and acknowledge the recommendations in the issll
drafts on using RSVP, with user ID policy objects, for providing the
network with classification information. When such signaling is
available to provide the network with the classification information
corresponding to users, it seems to be a preferable approach. For cases
in which signaling is not available, the dhcp approach might be used.