RE: [Diffserv] DHCP user class

"Casati, Alessio (Alessio)" <acasati@lucent.com> Mon, 10 July 2000 21:34 UTC

From: "Casati, Alessio (Alessio)" <acasati@lucent.com>
To: "Armitage, Grenville (Grenville)" <gja@dnrc.bell-labs.com>, Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>, 'Yoram Bernet' <yoramb@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Cc: Diff Serv <diffserv@ietf.org>, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Diffserv] DHCP user class
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:00:26 +0100
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

I'd share with this set of
writers the things they tell us about,
however it's also true that
there may be some hosts around (i.e. hosts
not equipped with signaling capabilities)
for which the mentioned router
feature assisted by DHCP is a good thing .

What the piece of text mentions is just an
example and is not anything mandated by the
document, so the IESG may not
have/want to use their time on this.
Or, if they are in nit picking mode,
just suggest a cautionary statement
on the fact that this example is limited
to the enterprise/local scope, and not for an
end to end purpose.

alessio