Re: [Dime] Questions regarding RFC 6733

<lionel.morand@orange.com> Wed, 08 March 2017 11:09 UTC

From: lionel.morand@orange.com
To: Ajinkya Joshi <ajoshi@definitionnetworks.com>, "jouni.nospam" <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 11:09:05 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.3]
Cc: "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dime] Questions regarding RFC 6733

Hi Ajinkya,

This will depend on how your "fork" is implemented and it is why it is considered as "implementation-specific".
If N instances are sharing the same Diameter id (DiamId 1), you may have a way to consider the connection up as long as one instance inside the peer is available and active. In that case, there is no impact for other diameter peers in the network. For the outside world, there would be only one transport connection opened with "DiamId 1", independently of the number of instance behind "DiamId 1".

Lionel