Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Tue, 29 June 2010 16:33 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:33:59 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: DISPATCH <dispatch@ietf.org>, "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

Hi Mary,

>"this problem" refers to that stated in the previous
>paragraph, which is stated fairly clearly.  Would rewording
>the first sentence in the second paragraph to something like
>the following make it more clear to you?
>
>" The VIPR WG will develop a peer to peer based approach to
>finding domains that claim to be responsible for a given
>phone number along with validation protocols to ensure a
>reasonable likelihood that a given domain actually is
>responsible for the phone number."

The text explains what the WG will do. But, as far as I understand, the claimed PROBLEM is that there are existing mechanisms that for various reasons can't be used.

Also, the charter currently DOES say that the problem statement is described in the drafts. So, I think it should be moved to the charter, so that we can agree on it as part of agreeing the charter.

Regards,

Christer