Re: [dispatch] Charter Proposal: Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (VIPR)

Deepanshu Gautam <deepanshu@huawei.com> Wed, 02 June 2010 07:50 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:49:33 +0800
From: Deepanshu Gautam <deepanshu@huawei.com>
To: 'Cullen Jennings' <fluffy@cisco.com>, 'DISPATCH list' <dispatch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Charter Proposal: Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (VIPR)

Should there be a set of deliverables  what this WG is intending for? Or the
draft mentioned are actually the deliverables for this WG.

>The goal of this working group is to allows people to use SIP to federate
over the the internet while still using phone numbers to identify the person
they wish to communicate with.

I would suggest to emphasize(for clarity) that the federation being refered
here is the *across-domain* federation (although, some wise guys can figure
it out with *over the interent* :-))

Does charter have to say that, some extensions(headers, option-tag, ...) to
SIP are invisioned e.g for transfering a piece-of-information meant to
authorize particular domain to contact a particuar phone number?

Regards
Deepanshu