Re: [dispatch] SIP Action Referral

Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> Wed, 19 January 2011 18:54 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:57:25 +0100
From: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
To: dispatch@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dispatch] SIP Action Referral

Hi,

I tend to agree this draft is very much related to the SPLICE wg.
Indeed during the discussion of draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-loreto-splices-disaggregated-media-00.txt
people have foresee REFER as a possible method to solve the use cases
showed in the draft.
This draft really give a first answer on how REFER can be extended to
solve the disaggregated media scenario.

Moreover one advantage of the Loosely Coupled UAs scenario you have in
Section 3.2 and in the
example in Section 3.3 is that
in your case the side that want to use a Loosely Coupled UAs scenario
does not put any
extra requirements on the other side,
where in the Disaggregated Framework the other side have to correlate
the different dialogs
coming from the different Loosely Coupled UAs!
That also remove the need to correlate different session in order to let
them the different sessions
appear as a single conversation to the other side.

Finally, I agree with Paul that there is the need to design a sort of
distributed call control
and decide how the different Loosely Coupled UAs exchange call related
information during
an on going call, and what are the information that need to be exchanged.

I will be happy to help you in move forward this work.

cheers
/Sal

--
Salvatore Loreto