Re: [DMM] WGLC on draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-03

John Kaippallimalil <John.Kaippallimalil@huawei.com> Sat, 19 January 2019 17:11 UTC

From: John Kaippallimalil <John.Kaippallimalil@huawei.com>
To: "dmm@ietf.org" <dmm@ietf.org>, CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <cjbc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 17:11:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.135.13]
Subject: Re: [DMM] WGLC on draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-03

Review and comments on draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-03.

The text in the draft is clear, and it is ready to move forward in my view.

A couple of comments below:
(not repeating nits that Dirk has already posted)

Section 3:
"As another note, the solution described in this document allows performing per-prefix anchoring decisions, to support e.g., some flows to be anchored at a central Home-DPA (like a traditional LMA)"
Would be good to clarify a bit here: is this a result of the MN requesting central anchoring (or not), or the result of the mobility topology (MAARs, CMDs).

Section 3.4:
Does the implementation with parallel operations need to mention something about race conditions.
It is probably fine in practice, but not a completely safe operation (e.g., MAAR2 may forward data to MAAR1 before the route update at MAAR1 is complete)
Overall - the draft looks really good and ready.

John