[DNSOP] WGLC draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-03.txt until 2012-09-14

Peter Koch <pk@DENIC.DE> Thu, 23 August 2012 21:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:49:24 +0200
From: Peter Koch <pk@DENIC.DE>
To: IETF DNSOP WG <dnsop@ietf.org>
Sender: Peter Koch <peter@denic.de>
Subject: [DNSOP] WGLC draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-03.txt until 2012-09-14

Dear DNSOP WG,

this is to initiate a working group last call (WGLC) for

        "DNSSEC Key Timing Considerations"
        draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-03.txt
        <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing/>

The WGLC will last until Friday, 14 September 2012
owed to return-to-desk season and the length of the draft.

The intent is to request publication of the document as an Informational RFC.

Please review the draft and send comments to this list (pls keep the full file
name of the draft in the "Subject:"). A little guidance for what to look at:

o appropriateness for the target audience
o technical correctness and internal consistency
o consistency with and/or relation to RFC 4641 and its designated
  successor <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis/>

In line with our custom the draft will only progress if it receives
five or more significant(*) reviews and the (rough) consensus is in favour.

(*) Please review thoroughly.  While "yeah, ship it" might be perceived better
than silence, it is not always helpful to determine consensus.  In this particular
case, I might take it as an indicator that the draft has received a cursory read.
That is not to express an opinion on the quality of the draft, just a hint
that there should be one bite for everybody. (For completeness sake, the remark
applies to "nay" contributions respectively.)

Finally I would like to confirm that I saw Paul and Matthijs reinforce their
concerns raised in Vancouver in response to my mail earlier this week.
Looking at <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/minutes?item=minutes-84-dnsop.html>
the minutes I follow the mandate to issue the WGLC.  Looking forward to your
contributions.

Best regards,
   Peter (as co-chair and doc shepherd)