Re: [Doh] DOH server on non-standard ports

Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com> Fri, 06 April 2018 17:32 UTC

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 13:32:15 -0400
To: Mateusz Jończyk <mat.jonczyk@o2.pl>
Cc: DoH WG <doh@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Doh] DOH server on non-standard ports

one of the nice things about DoH is that it does not squat on any
particular part of the URI space which will allow many deployments to
integrate DoH into existing servers. (That's actually one of the points of
bcp56bis, and a good argument for tossing the .wk url out).

obviously, that's not always possible (such as your example) and a
different port is required.. but that's not really desirable and is already
possible so I don't think I support the change in language.