Re: [dtn-interest] RFC 5050 revision?

"Burleigh, Scott C (313B)" <scott.c.burleigh@jpl.nasa.gov> Fri, 18 May 2012 17:14 UTC

From: "Burleigh, Scott C (313B)" <scott.c.burleigh@jpl.nasa.gov>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:13:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [128.149.137.26]
Cc: DTN interest <dtn-interest@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] RFC 5050 revision?

I agree with at least the first part of your list, Stephen, and probably the rest as well except that I haven't been following BPQ closely enough to comment.  I think the BABs, at least, should be MUST implement (so long as they can be turned off in deployment); I'm all for getting rid of the dictionary, and I'd propose CBHE as the generic compression that takes its place; and I think we've got to support aggregated bundle age as an alternative to authoritative bundle creation time for bundle expiration purposes.  And I think this does require a new version of BP.

Scott