[dtn-interest] Re: [IRSG] POLL: draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-07 -- DUE JAN 9

Michael Welzl <michael.welzl@uibk.ac.at> Tue, 19 December 2006 11:49 UTC

From: Michael Welzl <michael.welzl@uibk.ac.at>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: "Henderson, Thomas R" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com>, Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>, Internet Steering Group <irsg@ISI.EDU>, dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org, Aaron Falk <falk@ISI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:49:05 +0100
Subject: [dtn-interest] Re: [IRSG] POLL: draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-07 -- DUE JAN 9
Sender: dtn-interest-admin@mailman.dtnrg.org

Hi,

I think that this document is now ready to go forward.

Two comments:

* I'm glad to see that the document now explicitly states
  that reports such as "Report When Bundle Deleted" are
  meant for diagnostic purposes. I'm not saying that this
  is an absolute necessity, but I think it would be
  appropriate to also mention that the diagnostic reports
  and delivery options should be used with care, as they
  can open the door for attacks (e.g. DoS,   if e.g. a
  custody is supposed to receive deletion reports
  from bundles that were multicast)

* a nit: on page 18, in the sentence:

While G is transmitting a large bundle to S1, a reliable transport layer
protocol below the bundle layer at each indicates the transmission has
terminated, but that half the transfer has completed successfully.

it seems that there is missing something after "at each", like "hop", or
"side".. (or there isn't, and it's just my lack of English skills -
could be?)

Good job!

Cheers,
Michael