Re: [dtn-security] BSP ciphersuites

Sebastian Domancich <sebasdoman@gmail.com> Thu, 18 March 2010 13:30 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:30:30 +0100
From: Sebastian Domancich <sebasdoman@gmail.com>
To: dtn-security@maillists.intel-research.net
Subject: Re: [dtn-security] BSP ciphersuites

Hey! Perhaps it would help if I add some context to my previous
question about using security in DTN2.

I belong to the Bytewalla project, which aims at providing DTN
connectivity to rural areas of Africa, by means of an Android
implementation of the Bundle Protocol.  Our project would fit under
the category of "Extending the Internet: Predetermined Mobility Paths
but No Hard Schedule", according to the terminology used by N4C to
specify usage scenarios for DTN.

In January 2010 our group published an Android Implementation of the
Bundle Protocol, being interoperable with the Reference Implementation
(DTN2). Our previous work can be found here:
http://www.tslab.ssvl.kth.se/csd/projects/092106/

Right now I am working on the security aspects of the project, and our
plan is to port the security mechanisms from DTN2 to our Android
implementation to provide confidentiality and privacy to the
communication.

I was wondering if anyone with experience on sending PSB and CB
protected bundles, could point me into the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sebastian Domancich.