Re: [dtn] AD review of draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc-02

Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com> Tue, 06 April 2021 14:08 UTC

From: Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com>
To: Zaheduzzaman Sarker <zaheduzzaman.sarker=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "Birrane, Edward J." <Edward.Birrane@jhuapl.edu>, "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>
CC: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 14:08:13 +0000
x-originating-ip: [2a02:1648:4000:120:849b:b085:a1a8:1136]
Subject: Re: [dtn] AD review of draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-default-sc-02

Hi Zahed,

Just as a bit of clarification to your point re Key Management.

The working group has discussed key management a couple of times (IETF-100 in particular) and there is at least one proposed solution, however the rough consensus of the group is that this topic is tricky to get right in a couple of paragraphs in either BPSec or in this document (which we intend to be as short and simple as possible), and therefore it would be better to not attempt a lose definition before the WG has a firmer view on best practice, and have to update these documents.

To that end, Key Management as a work item for the group is a firm proposal for the re-chartering, and there seems to be sufficient interest and excitement in the group to get it done.

Cheers,

Rick