RE: [Ecrit] Re: [Sip] draft-rosenberg-sip-ua-loose-route-01.txt

"DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 04 September 2007 13:08 UTC

Subject: RE: [Ecrit] Re: [Sip] draft-rosenberg-sip-ua-loose-route-01.txt
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:06:37 +0200
From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: ECRIT <ecrit@ietf.org>

(Removing parties from the original list distribution)

The situation in 3GPP is that we have so far failed to agree any marking or other carriage of other information (with a significant number of the objections coming from the organisation Christer works for), not that we have agreed we don't want one.

I believe the appropriate way forward on marking for special handling is actually the Resource-Priority header solution identified by

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace-01.txt

In terms of special handling, this makes a lot of sense for those SIP entities that already have to implement RFC 4412 for other regulatory reasons.

As already indicated, the 3GPP E-CSCF (the emergency routeing proxy) changes the Request-URI to the PSAP URI, and the original Reuqest-URI is lost. Once we have reached the E-CSCF, is the original Request-URI (the service URN) still important for any issue apart from special handling?

Regards

Keith