RE: [Enum] requesting reviewers for draft-ietf-enum-xmpp..

"Stastny Richard" <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at> Thu, 30 November 2006 09:03 UTC

Subject: RE: [Enum] requesting reviewers for draft-ietf-enum-xmpp..
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:02:45 +0100
From: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
To: lconroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>
Cc: enum@ietf.org

> However, this does not, in my mind, preclude having another
registration
> using that protocol that gives a hint on the kind of interaction that
> the
> client can expect to start. X-IM:xmpp and Voice:xmpp would help to
> tell me
> to fire up my Jabber client or to try to find a working Googletalk
voice
> program for my Mac (or Linux box, or ...).
>
> As Alex says, you need both.

I agree, because there is no solution to this problem.

We should also not forget the basic requirement from Patrik:
"A client must be able to decide on the NAPTR to choose without looking
at the URI in the regexp."

OTOH, the problem is not so big, IMO

A jabber client may look for Enumservices XMPP, IM:XMPP, VOICE:XMPP
(and not for SIP)

A user may have only one, or he may either have XMPP or to different
Enumservices pointing to IM:XMPP and VOICE:XMPP

So the originator may choose depending on his client.

Richard

"im",