Re: question about transaction operation in ForCES protocol draft!

Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com> Tue, 25 December 2007 14:37 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 09:37:32 -0500
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com>
Subject: Re: question about transaction operation in ForCES protocol draft!
Comments: To: JiaFenggen <jfg6688@hotmail.com>

On Tue, 2007-25-12 at 09:23 +0800, JiaFenggen wrote:
> Have composed a reply yestoday but can't make it sent to the maillist.

The mailing list seems to have challenges on and off. Just CC people
and you have more of a chance for your message to be seen.

> I also think TRCOMP is necessary in transaction failure handling.Think
> of a multiple FE transaction joined by A B C,supposed A fail to commit
> the transaciton and B C success,then if CE don't send TRCOMP,A could
> release resources,but how could B and C do?

In particular what you are describing is clearly an issue if you use
multicasting.
In any case, if there is any text that is not clear lets make the
clarification and not spend too much energy debating this issue.

cheers,
jamal