[ftpext] HOST back to FTPEXT2 WG for more review

Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan@gmail.com> Thu, 14 July 2011 23:51 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:51:45 -0400
From: Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan@gmail.com>
To: ftpext@ietf.org
Subject: [ftpext] HOST back to FTPEXT2 WG for more review

HOST has been brought back to our WG for more review, after being sent
to the IESG. HOST has had a long history and fair amount of
implementations, but there were some late comments and changes.

thank you to everyone who has contributed so far!

*** if you have not reviewed HOST yet, please take some time to do so.
it is one of the primary drafts that this WG was chartered to work on
& is in the final stages. please, review, make comments, & have them
addressed. :) ***

the WG really needs to focus on its official work, the 4 drafts at
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ftpext2/ - I know there is a lot to do, & we
can be sidetracked a bit, as long as we are making progress on our
main goals. so, let's concentrate on HOST & our other mature work &
see if any other things needs to be done.

if you have reviewed HOST before, please review any changes in the
past few months. if you have comments, please make sure that they have
been addressed to your satisfaction and state whether you are for or
against the approval of HOST (even if you have in the past).

past discussion can be found on the list archives:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ftpext/current/maillist.html

the author also posted a pre-submission -04 revision that he will
submit once the ID submission moratorium is over (& may wish to put
online somewhere in plain text format):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ftpext/current/msg00366.html

fancy diffs are available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts to see changes, so
you can minimize the time you need to spend re-reviewing.

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads