Re: [gaia] How to carry on with the "manyfolks" draft

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Tue, 01 July 2014 08:04 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: 'Arjuna Sathiaseelan' <arjuna.sathiaseelan@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 10:04:08 +0200
Cc: 'gaia' <gaia@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [gaia] How to carry on with the "manyfolks" draft

Well, this is my view if we want to write a document including everything: many people in the list will not agree on using the name "Community Network" for these other possibilities, like the ones driven by a company. E.g. I don't think we will be able to have consensus for considering FON as a Community Network.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg00190.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg00204.html

So if we found a broader name, we could include all the networks under discussion ("non-traditional", "user-centric", "free" or "whatever networks"), and CNs would be a subset of them.

Jose