Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-groves-megaco-pkgereg-02

"McCann Peter-A001034" <pete.mccann@motorola.com> Fri, 27 March 2009 17:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:15:30 -0400
From: McCann Peter-A001034 <pete.mccann@motorola.com>
To: Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@nteczone.com>
Cc: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, gen-art@ietf.org, draft-groves-megaco-pkgereg@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-groves-megaco-pkgereg-02

Hi, Christian,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I am happy to let the IESG make a decision on whether or not
to make a distinction for "recognized" SDOs, and for availability
of specification.  I just wanted to make one point that may have
been glossed over: there is a distinction made between "public"
packages and "private" packages; they have different number spaces
for the binary ID.  Would it be too much to ask that if a specification
is not publicly available at a stable URL, then the package must
be registered in the "private" space?

-Pete