Re: [Gen-art] Fwd: Russ Housley's Discuss on draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect-07:(with DISCUSS)

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com> Wed, 28 December 2011 14:08 UTC

From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
To: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:10:32 +0000
Cc: draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect.all@tools.ietf.org, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Fwd: Russ Housley's Discuss on draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect-07:(with DISCUSS)

Hi, Russ.

I hope you have had a good Christmas break.

I responded to David Black's previous query about this on December 14
(see attached, copied to you at the time).  However...

I have just had a look at the -09 version provoked by David Harrington's
comments.  I think I may have been a little premature in signing off on
that version as the RTR frame discussion did still need improvement.
Verion -09 definitely fixes that issue IMO.  However, I think that the
note added to the end of Section 10 regarding the addition of further
'not-so-private' data perhaps needs another sentence about ordering, as
per my and David's comments.

Apart from that, I believe we are all done here - I have also reviewed
the IANA registries draft in the last couple of days.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Regards,
Elwyn

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 13:17 -0500, Russ Housley wrote:
> Elwyn:
>

> Have your concerns been addressed.
>

> Russ
>
> = = = = = = = =
>
> Discuss (2011-09-30)
>
> The Gen-ART Review by Elwyn Davies on 26-Sept-2011 raises some
>   concerns that deserve a response.  Please find the review at
>   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg06754.html.
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: "David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
> >
> > Date: December 22, 2011 7:12:31 PM EST
> >
> > To: "'Russ Housley'" <housley@vigilsec.com>
> >
> > Subject: RE: Russ Housley's Discuss on
> > draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect-07:(with DISCUSS)
> >

> > Hi Russ,
> >
> > Can you check your DISCUSS on draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect?
> > I believe we have addressed all of Elwyn's concerns.
> > http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg06754.html.
> >
> > Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas!
> > David Harrington
> > Director, IETF Transport Area
> > ietfdbh@comcast.net (preferred for ietf)
> > dbharrington@huaweisymantec.com
> > +1 603 828 1401 (cell)

--- Begin Message ---
Hi.

Yes, I believe that all is well now (with version -08 and the new
registries draft).  I think Russ can remove his DISCUSS as the
registries issue has been fixed.

It is possible that I failed to respond to a previous mail reporting the
fixes.  Since it isn't on the telechat agenda yet, I haven't been kicked
to rereview it although I did look at the new version a while ago.

Apologies for any holdup.

Regards,
Elwyn

--- End Message ---