Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-02

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 06 September 2013 21:45 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Vijay K. Gurbani'" <vkg@bell-labs.com>, draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable@tools.ietf.org
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:45:02 -0400
Cc: jgs@juniper.net, 'General Area Review Team' <gen-art@ietf.org>, 'Stewart Bryant' <stbryant@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-02

Vijay:

As the document shepherd this same phrase struck me a different way so I let
it go forward.

"This document is not a panacea, nor is it a deep and
  thorough approach to flap reduction."

My understanding is that some authors (researchers and engineers) were from
Japan.  As careful engineers their concern is to be precise on the work they
have done.  They have addressed immediate concerns and known issues as
documented (2 years of work), but they feel additional work can be done.
Given this is an appropriate caveat for authors from the Japanese culture, I
was comfortable with this in the document.  I believe authors need to be
comfortable with the document along with the WG.

The authors appear to be more cautions than the WG or RIPE who endorsed the
document.

We'll see what others say.

Sue