[Gen-art] Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ltans-ers-13.txt

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com> Fri, 01 June 2007 11:16 UTC

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=hL/rdzIFeHlC2xvia5WKwXfqA2qXYzRWVQET9+cM5Wg3jUk77w2Axfw2PE8zHzr7TyjE570mqStDbvCdCIH50WmPXe6/6xgGnr6zDY4rnVt6nwkAVWHOFa8or1ouqFIGdrzb9xaCY2Bmn5Vy2A+mblIxxq+tbsg4UVxqo4qlttM=
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:16:24 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
To: Tobias Gondrom <tgondrom@opentext.com>
Cc: ralf.brandner@intercomponentware.com, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, Tim Polk <wpolk@nist.gov>, ulrich.pordesch@zv.fraunhofer.de, Carl Wallace <CWallace@cygnacom.com>
Subject: [Gen-art] Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ltans-ers-13.txt

On 2007-06-01 12:11, Tobias Gondrom wrote:
> Hello Brian,
> Answer/Comments inline.
> Tobias
>
> Ps.: I hope you do not feel your comment got ignored, cause that has
> never been my intention. (I just thought my explanation was satisfying,
> as you indicated in your email May-22 and closed the item accordingly.)

No problem at all - I just thought about it some more. We Gen-ART reviewers
have a habit of looking at SHOULD and SHOULD NOT quite closely, because
we know that they can cause indecision among implementers. For example,
you could say something like this:

The data (e.g. certificates, CRLs or OCSP-Responses) needed to verify
the timestamp MUST be preserved, and SHOULD be stored in the timestamp
itself unless this causes unnecessary duplication.

It's up to you, I am not insisting on a change.

     Brian