Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art last call review of draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-03

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com> Tue, 19 February 2013 21:28 UTC

From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
To: "Jon Mitchell (GNS)" <Jon.Mitchell@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:27:49 +0000
Cc: "draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation.all@tools.ietf.org>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art last call review of draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-03

Hi, Jon.

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 20:26 +0000, Jon Mitchell (GNS) wrote:
> Elwyn -
>
> Yes, I agree this is a reasonable change to remove all of the
> "suggestion" text in the IANA considerations area and will make sure
> it is in the next draft if one is required, either way all of that
> text will be removed by IANA, who has also just sent back their review
> of the actions required.
Seems like we are all agreed where things need to go here. Good!

> On your second comment, currently being published as an RFC is a draft
> reserving as0 in a similar fashion, so I do think it's most
> appropriate as a second doc..
Yeh.. I know, I was also gen-art reviewer for that one. Probably too
late to squeeze it in there .. and it wouldn't have been much more
sensible there either.

> and I really have trouble tying these reservations to a RFC about
> Private ASN's.   If no doc is published, the good news is that IANA
> has already reserved the last number (with no justification).  Again,
> if IESG or others feel strongly it should be in this draft, I will try
> to work out some text to justify their reservations...
Oh, well it looks as if somebody ought to spend a merry evening cobbling
together a two section draft to reserve the top number for the sake of
completeness.

Regards,
Elwyn