Re: [Gen-art] IETF LC review: draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Wed, 26 March 2008 05:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:34:43 -0400
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Lakshminath Dondeti <ldondeti@qualcomm.com>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, PaulFunk@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] IETF LC review: draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt
Sender: gen-art-bounces@ietf.org

Thanks.  That takes care of most of them.  (Including my leaving in a
redundant comment that was a note to myself during the review.  Sorry
about that.)

On the AVPs, what I was trying to point out was that the text as written
was unclear as to whether the same AVPs were used in the clear text as
in the TLS exchange, or a different set of AVPs (that were not defined.)
    All it would take is one sentence saying that the clear text AVPs
use the same attribute identifiers (same attributes?, take your pick on
the wording) as the AVPs carried in TLS.

My concern on 11.3 and using multiple authentications is that the first
paragraph says that in general it may be desirable to perform multiple
authentications.  So when the second paragraph says that this may be
done when using EAP, the reader is not being told, "and only when using
EAP".  My suggestion would be to simply add a sentence at the end of the
first paragraph that reads "Multiple authentication is only supported by
this protocol in conjunction with EAP."

Yours,
Joel