Re: [Geopriv] IPR on geopriv-arch

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 18 October 2010 13:31 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: todd glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net>, "geopriv@ietf.org" <geopriv@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:33:01 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] IPR on geopriv-arch

The discussion in this direction is irrelevant to the geopriv group.

The geopriv group has no responsibility for finding whether the IPR declarations are valid (nor does the IETF), or indeed for chasing missing IPR declarations (which the IETF probably as a whole does have - but you do that on different lists).

The sole responsibility of the geopriv group on this question is to decide whether the proposed RFC should change direction to another solution as a result of these declarations.

For my two cents, carry on as we are.

Keith