Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt

Mareline Sheldon <marelines@yahoo.com> Sun, 18 May 2003 04:21 UTC

Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 21:24:24 -0700
From: Mareline Sheldon <marelines@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt
To: Manav Bhatia <manav@samsung.com>
Cc: idr@merit.edu
Sender: owner-idr@merit.edu

Manav,
Can we using this draft advertise two ECMP routes of equal preference but say, with different
AS Paths. As far as i could gather you use one additional attribute to describe equal cost
routes using the same path attributes. This way you can definitely advertise routes with all
the same attributes. But what happens say when one of my path attributes are different. Eg. AS
PATH 112 123 in one attribute and AS PATH 564 232 in the other?

Can this be done here?

Regards,
Mareline S.