Re: [Idr] draft-litkowski-idr-bgp-timestamp

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Fri, 25 July 2014 16:48 UTC

From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, 'Jon Mitchell' <jrmitche@puck.nether.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:48:10 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@juniper.net>, 'idr wg' <idr@ietf.org>, 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-litkowski-idr-bgp-timestamp

Susan,

Thanks for pointing this. We will investigate the possibility to do it from an implementation point of view. Putting timestamp at receive side is easy, at transmit side it may be more complex and really implementation dependant as we would need to try to have a consensus at which part of the sending process, we would need to put the timestamp (Update formatting, Route Queueing for the peer group ...)

Best Regards,

Stephane