Re: [Idr] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-03: (with COMMENT)

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Thu, 19 February 2015 17:40 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, 'Alissa Cooper' <alissa@cooperw.in>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:40:53 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "morrowc@ops-netman.net" <morrowc@ops-netman.net>, "idr@ietf.org" <idr@ietf.org>, 'IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>, "idr-chairs@ietf.org" <idr-chairs@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-idr-as-migration.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-idr-as-migration.all@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-03: (with COMMENT)

This document is written by two operators, documenting the operational
issue that makes this functionality important  which in turn drove them to
write the document. Therefore I do think that it's important to draw the
connection between As-Path lengthening and revenue loss, as this is the
business reality.

As to whether revenue loss is a security issue, I think this is a problem
of semantics. Nearly every security issue has at its core a risk of
revenue loss or data loss, but it's usually a result of a security
problem, the thing that you are trying to avoid by addressing the security
problem, rather than the problem itself. So there's certainly room to
reword to address this I think.

Thanks,

Wes