Re: [Idr] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-03.txt - Call for WG adoption: 12/18/2021 to 1/7/2022

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 21 December 2021 16:33 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
Cc: chongfeng.xie@foxmail.com, idr@ietf.org, licong@chinatelecom.cn
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 11:33:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-03.txt - Call for WG adoption: 12/18/2021 to 1/7/2022

Shaofu:

Some of your message is unclear to me.   To make sure we are communicating, let me restate some basic principles I'm working on.

First of all,  BGP mechanisms for BGP-LS are discussed in IDR rather than TEAS.   Use cases and Yang modules are defined in TEAS.  draft-peng-teas-network-slicing-04.txt - appears to be a general use case description which you indicated is no longer going forward.

Second, adoption calls for WG drafts should give concrete comments.   One of your comments provides a nice clear description of a sentence you do not like.  You can also propose alternate text for the authors.

Third, my understanding is that you see a requirement for a IANA managed global ID that associated with MT-ID values.  I will start an alternate discussion forum for the discussion of the

draft-chen-idr-bgp-ls-transport-slice-03.txt
draft-dong-idr-bgpls-sr-enhanced-vpn-03.txt

Please continue the comparison description of two alternatives for a global ID on that mail thread.

Most respondents on the adoption thread do not see the global ID as a requirement for this draft.

Susan Hares